JMAG-Designer Ver.15.1 has been released.
Please contact JMAG support if you have any questions or requests.
Key features in JMAG-Designer Ver.15.1
Here are the key new features in JMAG-Designer Ver.15.1.
Performance of basic functions such as the high parallel solver, mesher, and material modeling has been improved, while increasing operability and customizability with enhanced GUI for iron loss calculation.
- The high parallel solver performance has been improved. The solver shows its strength not just for large-scale models with 10 million elements, but also for 1-million element models.
- Practical functions have been added to the JMAG optimization function, such as the restart function and filtering functions. Calculations with additional generations and filtering response graphs with constraint conditions are now possible.
- The template function has been enhanced in the Geometry Editor. Creating compact, dense motor winding can now be achieved with an enhanced coil template. It is also possible to freely arrange and create wires in the slots with the wire template function.
- The setting panels for parts properties and iron loss conditions have been reorganized, and tools to assist in the condition settings of FEM coils and FEM conductors have been added; making changes to settings has been made much easier.
- With new post-calculation scripts function, scripts can now be used for response values for optimization.
We hope you use the newest version of JMAG to perform even more efficient analyses for your needs.
- A new license system is now being offered for users who require more than 100 licenses to perform distributed processing for multiple cases. This new system allows optimization calculations to be performed while suppressing license costs.
- The wire template function can be used to easily create round and rectangular wire coils inside slots by setting a few simple parameters.
- Improvements to the coil template function have increased its adaptability for rectangular wire coils and coil ends for large power generators.
- Added magnetic properties and iron loss properties (35A360, 50A800) with stress dependencies to the JSOL material database.
- ArcelorMittal Flag Carbon Europe and NEC TOKIN are now material data partners, and about 730 types of materials from 20 companies can be used.
|Magnetic field analysis
- An option to specify parts in an iron loss condition has been added. Different condition settings can be set to each part.
- Calculation method combinations for hysteresis loss and joule loss are provided as presets. This makes selecting general calculation methods easy.
- Tools to assist in winding and wire settings have been added. These support tools allow windings for cylindrical motors to be automatically set and FEM coil and conductor components to be easily set to wires.
- The geometry recognition function during extruded mesh generation has been improved, allowing extruded mesh to be created in the stator side for geometry where the extruded mesh cannot be applied to the rotor side, such as alternators.
- Performance for the MPP (Massively Parallel Processing) solver has been improved. A 37x speed increase has been achieved using 128 parallel processes.
- Added the restart function to the JMAG genetic algorithms. Generations can be added and then the calculation can be restarted.
- A response graph can be displayed after filtering it with constraint conditions.
- A function has been added to allow the display of all cases on the same graph, making case comparison easy.
- Two-way coupled analysis with STAR-CCM+ is now supported. Distribution amounts can be shared, allowing detailed temperature distribution analyses to be performed on electrical machines.
- Coupled analyses with Abaqus have been improved. Abaqus execution commands can be specified for a coupled analysis with JMAG.
- With the post-calculation scripts function, a system has been implemented to allow JMAG-Designer to run the user-specified scripts. For example, response values for optimization can be generated in a script and then used in an optimization calculation.
- A dialog generation class has been added. When a script is executed, user input is possible using a dialog.
Other than the above, functions are added and enhanced.
Please see the materials below for details.
Introducing to new functions of JMAG-Designer Ver.15.1 (SWF, 2,390KB, User authentication required)
JMAG-Designer Ver.15.1 Download Site and Sample Data
Sample data and easy to understand tutorials