JMAG-Designer Ver.16.0 has been released.
Please contact JMAG support if you have any questions or requests.
Key features in JMAG-Designer Ver.16.0
Here are the main new features in JMAG-Designer Ver.16.0.
Functions have been added to address growing awareness to optimal design using large-scale calculations and design exploration. We are also continuing to increase usability for parametric analyses, create a more intuitive calculation environment, and improve large case / large scale issue handling. These new functions will strongly support the design process using optimum design, detailed loss evaluation, and analysis of combined issue of magnetic field, structural, and thermal fluid.
- The concept of direct modeling has also been incorporated into the JMAG Geometry Editor. Imported CAD data can now be freely edited as well. New geometry parametric analysis has been implemented.
- In order to realize more efficient calculations by performing hundreds of cases simultaneously, such as for parametric analyses, optimization calculations, and JMAG-RT, a wider range of support has been given to Linux and the Power Simulation License.
- Script-related functionality, required for improving work efficiency and automating simulation, has been improved. With an easier to use GUI and added debugging features, scripts can be created even more efficiently.
- Basic modeling technologies continue to be improved. Material data and functions related to multiphysics have been enhanced.
- We have also continued working on the GUI to make it more intuitive and user friendly. Improvements have been made to the Circuit Editor in Ver. 16.0, making it easier to use.
We hope you use the newest version of JMAG to perform even more efficient analyses for your needs.
|Geometry Parametric Analysis / Optimization
- Added a function that allows partly extracting imported geometry that does not include geometry creation history, and for the extracted geometry to be modified while preserving the other geometry. This allows geometry parametric analysis to be performed without the use of geometry constraints
- Better self-interference checking functions for geometry parametric function. Unneeded geometry can be eliminated more appropriately.
|Multi-case / Distributed Processing
- The Power Simulation License (the ability to simultaneously perform 100 cases with one license) that was first offered in the ver. 15.1 now supports transformer models and JMAG-Express; it can be used for all applications supported by JMAG, such as motors, transformers, solenoids, and induction heating devices.
- Improvements have been made to the optimization calculation process: not only can calculations be performed for each generated case, the optimization engine itself can now be run through a job management system in the background. All processes can now be performed remotely.
|Automation / Scripts
- The script management function is added and the user-created scripts can be directly used from a list.
- Basic debugging can be conducted with Script Editor by linking with Visual Studio.
|Magnetic Field Analysis
- The operability of Circuit Editor is improved. The effort needed for circuit creation has been reduced. The design has been unified for JMAG-Designer operations.
- Added the convergence determination method of nonlinear calculation for magnetic flux density.
|Multiphysics / Interface
- The multipurpose file input / output tool has newly supported mapping for the NX Nastran format. The mapped NX Nastran can be imported to NX CAE to run a vibration analysis.
- Two-way coupling functionality with STAR - CCM+ has been updated, and exchanging time-averaged copper loss and iron loss is now possible.
- Motion can now be handled in a two-way coupled analysis with Abaqus.
added to JSOL materials data.
- Stress-dependent magnetic properties and iron loss properties (35A210, 35A440, 50A470) were added to JSOL materials data.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries has become a new materials data partner, and approximately 740 kinds of materials from 21 companies can be used.
- Importing materials data, including high frequency BH curves provided by PowerCore® Explorer, is supported.
- Added the function to hide the dividing lines when displaying results with a full model
- Also, the operability of the tree has been improved. Multiple items can be selected at the same time so that it can be operated with fewer operation steps.
Other than the above, functions are added and enhanced.
Please see the materials below for details.
Introducing to new functions of JMAG-Designer Ver.16.0 (SWF, 1,739KB, User authentication required)
JMAG-Designer Ver.16.0 Download Site and Sample Data
Sample data and easy to understand tutorials